Hello, guys! We are Viktoria and Michael from @bluemoonthecrew and we definitely have the craziest cravings for pizza. We are so happy to be part of this great van life community and wanted to share how to make pizza in a van with you!
Here are the easy steps:
- 800g of white flour
- 1 pack of dried yeast (7g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 250ml of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pile the flour in a big bowl, make a tiny hole and put the yeast in it.
- Add a little bit of water to the yeast, put a kitchen towel on top of the bowl, leave in a warm place for a few minutes (we usually put the bowl in the sun).
- Add the salt, olive oil and remaining water.
- Knead the dough until you have a smooth, soft dough (about 10 minutes).
- Put the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel, place the bowl in a warm place (sun) until it doubles in size (30 minutes).
- Press out and shape the pizza dough.
- ...or do it the Italian way ;-)
- Spread tomato sauce over the base of your pizza. We usually only use sieved tomatoes for the sauce but it’s also easy to make a homemade tomato sauce (fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil).
- For baking use a pizza stone and a gas grill which can be closed. Preheat the oven and the pizza stone (200°C).
- Put the pizza on the baking stone and in the oven (about 10 minutes – depends on the oven).
- Sprinkle with cheese and your desired toppings (we use parma cheese and mozzarella – less is more.
- and wait...
- and check...
- et voilà!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via Instagram @bluemoonthecrew
Sending lots of love,